Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Amazing Prayer Answer!

I am part of the intercession team at re:hope. We give out cards every week and people fill in prayer requests and we, well.......... pray.

This monday I shared with the team about a patient of mine whom I see every wednesday. She is very ill with end-stage lung disease from smoking. Anyway, before Christmas I got into a chat with her about my faith, it was really tough, she asked a lot of tough questions. I saw her again, for the first time after Christmas, last week and she referred back to that conversation saying "your prayers didn't work..." because she was feeling quite ill. Now I have NO recollection of having promised to pray for her, but was taken aback by what she said. So this week, on Monday, we prayed.

It was the most powerful prayer time I had been in for a while, I sensed the spirit moving powerfully, and staggered a couple of times, going all jelly-legged at the weight of God's presence in the room. I prayed a prayer asking God to do a miraculous thing by making this lady well at THAT MOMENT so that when I spoke to her today, I could tell her it was God. Now this was a big prayer for me, things like this don't seem to happen, even when I ask for them, but this time I really BELIEVED God would do it, it was an amazing prayer time.

This morning at my clinic she was the last patient (as always) which means we have time to chat. I asked her how she was feeling, "much better" she says. I then ask her when she started to feel better - she replies that it was around the beginning of the week. Monday? I ask. Yes, she says, monday I just felt much better, it must be the medicine, she says. I then explain the prayer I prayed on monday and how I believe God answered that prayer and made her feel better. She was astonished and she agreed to read Marks Gospel and tell me what she thinks.

I am BLOWN away, this has never happened to me before, I don't know who was more astonished, my patient or me! It is true, God still moves in MIRACULOUS ways and he hears the prayers of His people!

Amen

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephen said...

Way to step out in faith!

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home